If you are interested and you meet the selection criteria please respond to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume prior to midnight, June 26, 2020
We are seeking an energetic, creative, and passionate candidate who will be working alongside Raincoast’s Education Coordinator to assist with the research, development, and delivery of a new stewardship program for the Tsawwassen First Nation youth. The position takes place in Tsawwassen, BC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the research, development, and implementation of a new environmental stewardship program with the Tsawwassen First Nation youth.
- Networking within the Tsawwassen First Nation and natural science community to recruit and involve relevant program partners, Knowledge Holders, and Cultural Experts
- Researching and developing educational program activities and resources
- Conducting program site visits and assessments
- Delivering educational programming to youth
- Purchasing activity and research supplies
- Coordinating meetings, administrative duties, and other project-related tasks as required
- Public outreach and community engagement at events as they arise.
Qualifications , skills and abilities
- Strong interest in environmental conservation, Indigenous culture, and stewardship
- Excellent communications skills with people of all ages
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and problem-solve
- Organized and resourceful with a demonstrated ability to time-manage and appropriately prioritize projects
- Willingness to secure First Aid certification and criminal record check
- Enjoy working outdoors, rain or shine
- Experience or willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Someone with extensive knowledge of the Tsawwassen First Nation community an asset
- Knowledge of British Columbia’s wildlife, habitats, and conservation issues an asset
- Environmental, Indigenous studies or related post-secondary education preferred
If nature and conservation is something that fuels your passion, then this unique opportunity is for you. It will allow you to be deeply involved from the ground up in all aspects of an exciting new program while providing you with a rich background on BC’s important ecosystems and conservation issues.