We are looking for a Development Coordinator to join our communications and development team. You are knowledgeable about conservation issues in coastal British Columbia and you have a proven ability to identify and secure financial support for conservation initiatives. You are highly organized, self-motivated, and able to balance a dynamic and varied range of tasks on a daily and weekly basis.
As our Development Coordinator, you will play a central role working across the organization to help Raincoast secure resources for all conservation programs, campaigns, and organizational needs. From applied research to education and habitat restoration to policy reform, the role supports all aspects of Raincoast’s mission to protect the land, waters, and wildlife of coastal British Columbia. This is an exciting opportunity to support Raincoast’s Executive Director and Communications and Development Director to ensure annual fundraising targets are met in support of our mission.
Find out how to apply.
About Raincoast Conservation Foundation
Led by a team of conservationists and scientists, Raincoast’s projects and programs are rooted in rigorous, peer-reviewed research and science, and informed by community and cultural engagement. Our on-the-ground presence, coupled with our science, distinctive among environmental groups, has given us a deep-rooted understanding of this vast coastline, its processes, and its people. Our mandate is to investigate, inform and inspire.
Core duties and responsibilities
Grant writing and reporting
- You track proposals, reporting deadlines, and manage associated administration.
- You coordinate input from team members for proposal and report writing.
- You maintain internal project management tools and all related record keeping.
- You prospect for new supporters.
- With our Executive Director and Communications and Development Director, you track major gifts and steward our relationships with major donors.
- With our Communications and Development team, you build our monthly giving program.
- You ensure all receipt and administrative functions are tracked and complete.
- You work with the Finance Manager to ensure senior staff and program managers are briefed on fundraising progress.
- You manage donor communications and are the point person for general inquiries and comments from the public.
- You update and maintain our donor database records, providing reporting as needed.
Partnerships and outreach
- You work with the Communications and Development Director to prospect for new potential funders and conduct follow-up correspondence and engagements.
- You establish corporate partnerships including product donations and sponsorships.
- You identify potential local community partners and collaborators for programs.
- You support the communications team with preparing fundraising requests and tracking the progress of campaigns across different platforms.
- You help ensure all online platforms are optimized to support fundraising.
- You support community events ensuring related fundraising is well supported.